Castor Oil Packs
What is a Castor Oil Pack?
A castor oil pack is an external application of castor oil. A piece of wool flannel is saturated in castor oil and applied to the abdomen with a hot water bottle or heat pack. The Edgar Cayce readings recommend castor oil packs to improve assimilations, eliminations, circulation (especially of the lymphatic system) and breaking down scar tissue.
How can Castor oil benefit fertility?
This treatment will help break down scar tissue including cysts, endometriosis and blockages in fallopian tubes, eases menstrual pain, draws out toxicity and helps to stimulate circulation therefore bringing a healthy blood flow to the uterus.
For those that suffer with constipation or bloating; the increased circulation and elimination will help ease these complaints.
Castor Oil packs are an ideal complement when used alongside Fertility Massage or Self Help Fertility Massage.
Instructions for use
To Make the Pack:
Use an old flannel, big enough to cover your abdominal area. Put it in a pan or bowl and pour warm castor oil on it. Saturate the whole flannel, and leave it until it is well‐saturated. When you use it, you want it saturated, but not dripping. After each use, you will probably need to add a little more castor oil. You can use the flannel many times. When you’re not using it, you can store it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator or cool place.
Using the Pack:
- Use the pack in the evening, as you are resting before bed or when you have quiet time.
- Spread out an old towel, so that the castor oil won’t leak onto the bed. Use an old towel that you will use only for castor oil packs, because the oil is almost impossible to wash out completely.
- Warm the heat pack/hot water bottle.
- Lie down on your back on the towel. Place the pack on your abdomen, with the heating pad on top and another towel on top of that. It should be very warm, but not so hot it burns you.
- Ideally, keep the pack on for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Although anything from 20 minutes onwards is beneficial.
- Have a paper towel or wipes handy to wipe the oil off yourself when you get up.
When to use the Castor Oil Pack
- During the preparation for conception phase you can perform 3 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- When trying to conceive, perform only during the first half of menstrual cycle (from menstruation to ovulation).
Purchasing Castor Oil
You can purchase castor oil in some chemists, health food stores on online here
For more information on Castor Oil visit here