Fertility Spiritual Bathing
Water as a Healer
Water has been traditionally used for healing, cleansing and purification rituals for many centuries .
Many religions or cultures have their traditional methods such as Baptism or Christenings, whilst Hindus bathe in the Ganges River in India to wash away their sins.
Water is a powerful healing element on both the spiritual and emotional levels. Notice how you feel when you take a nice relaxing bath, swim in a clear blue ocean or admire a stunning waterfall. Water can be used as a healing method for the mind, body and spirit, particularly when used alongside herbs, from a spiritual approach.
Pine is traditionally used for healing, protection and fertility. Pine needles will be in abundance at this time of year, however you can also use essential oil of pine if the fresh needles are not easy to come by.
How to perform a Fertility Spiritual Bath
- Collect one handful of dried pine needles and place into a large saucepan of boiling water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, allowing the herbs to infuse into the water.
- Run the bath, without any additional soaps or bubble baths.
- Sieve the infused water into the bath tub, ensuring that the pine needles are collected in the sieve.
- Lay in the bath and relax for at least 20 minutes; taking this time to meditate, focusing on your womb; allowing her to heal, cleanse and become open to welcoming a new soul.
Pine cones are also used to increase fertility, so even if you do not feel drawn to bathe, then place pine cones around the home this festive season.